In this unit of Legal Aspects of Business, we have covered each and every topic of these notes of the business legislation as per the updated syllabus of UGC NET Commerce. The Business Law and legislation notes are prepared and written afresh by expert and experienced team of EasyNotes4U Academy. So you can get here the latest updated law notes of Legals Aspects of Business.
Table of Contents – Legal Aspects of Business Notes for UGC NET Commerce
- Indian Contract Act, 1872: Elements of a valid contract; Capacity of parties; Free consent; Discharge of a contract; Breach of contract and remedies against breach; Quasi-contracts;
- Special contracts: Contracts of indemnity and guarantee; contracts of bailment and pledge; Contracts of agency
- Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Sale and agreement to sell; Doctrine of Caveat Emptor; Rights of unpaid seller and rights of the buyer.
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881: Types of negotiable instruments; Negotiation and assignment; Dishonour and discharge of negotiable instruments
- The Companies Act, 2013: Nature and kinds of companies; Company formation; Management, meetings and winding up of a joint-stock company
- Limited Liability Partnership: Structure and procedure of formation of LLP in India
- The Competition Act, 2002: Objectives and main provisions
- The Information Technology Act, 2000: Objectives and main provisions; Cybercrimes and penalties
- The RTI Act, 2005: Objectives and main provisions
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs): Patents, trademarks, and copyrights; Emerging issues in intellectual property.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST): Objectives and main provisions; Benefits of GST; Implementation mechanism; Working of dual GST