Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University (SRTMU) SRTMUN Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) Admissions 2020: Eligibility, Merit List, Result and Syllabus. SRTMUN Ph.D. Admission 2020. SRTMUN Ph.D. PET 2020
SRTMUN Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET) Admissions 2020: Eligibility, Merit List, Result & Syllabus
Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University (SRTMU) was established in 1994. Named after Swami Ramanand Teerth, it is located at Nanded in Maharashtra. The university is intended to serve primarily the southern part of Marathwada, specifically the districts of Nanded, Latur, Parbhani, and Hingoli. The University has been recognised by UGC and accorded a CGPA of 3.06 on a scale of 4 by the NAAC. Apply for SRTMUN Ph.D. PET 2020
SRTMUN Establishment Committee had visualised a region specific University with non-conventional courses with a School system for campus teaching to initiate and promote interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies. The University also has various academic collaborations with foreign universities from countries like Israel, Sri Lanka.
The University invites applications for the Ph.D. Programme in various disciplines for the academic year. The specializations offered by the University are as many as 53 ranging from Languages to Sciences and Arts. The admission for the programme is through the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET). See SRTMUN Ph.D. PET 2020
M.Phil/Ph.D in Science,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Commerce,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Education,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Management,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Design
1. Start Date for submission of Online PET Application: 02 December 2020
2. Last Date for submission of Online PET Application: 17 December 2020
3. PET Exam Date: 29 December 2020
4. Last Date for receipt of hard copy PET Exemption Application at University: 24 December 2020
The University offers the Ph.D. Programme in the following specializations: see SRTMUN Ph.D. PET 2020
|Hindi||Political Science||Environmental Science||Physical Education|
|Marathi||Psychology||Fishery Science||Pharmaceutical Science|
|Pali||Public Administration||Home Science||Civil Engineering|
|Sanskrit||Social Work||Mathematics||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Urdu||Sociology||Geology||Electronics and Tele-communications|
|Music||Library and Information Science||Geo Physics||Mechanical/Production|
|Geography||Botany – Herbal Medicine||Statistics||Textile Engineering|
|History||Botany – Horticulture||Zoology||Management Science|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||Chemistry||Commerce||Computer Science|
- You should hold a master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks for general category and 50% marks for SC/ST categories.
- You can apply even if you are giving your final year examinations of P.G. degree. However, your admission shall be confirmed only after fulfilling the requisite eligibility conditions stated above at the time of admission.
You will be selected on the basis of PET (Ph.D. Entrance Test). If you qualify the test, you will require the approval of the Research Allocation Committee for your research topic.
PET Examination shall be of 100 marks comprising three different sections. Question paper for Section A shall be of general nature and shall be compulsory for everyone, while question papers for Section B and Section C shall be based on the subject of their Under Graduation & Post-Graduation respectively.
Section A will contain 30 Multiple Choice Questions, each of one mark and for a duration of 30 minutes. Section – B will contain 40 Multiple Choice Questions, each of one mark and for a duration of 40 minutes. There shall be negative marking for Section A and B of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer. While Section – C will contain descriptive type questions based. You are required to attempt THREE questions out of TEN, each carrying 10 marks. The duration for
You should secure a minimum of 50% marks for general category and 45% marks for SC/ST category in the PET.
Exemptions: If you fulfil the following criteria, you will be exempted from giving the PET:
- For foreign Students: You must have a degree (in the relevant subject) from any recognized University or of Indian origin working in any university abroad and having more than 3 years of approved teaching experience at Degree College or University department. Such degree should be recognized and valid for continuing advanced education.
- You must hold a master’s degree by research and shall have published at least two first authored research papers in peer reviewed journals in the relevant subject.
- You should have an M. Phil. Degree awarded (at the time of application) by any of the Statutory Recognized University of India in the relevant subject
- If you are a teacher having full time teaching experience of at least Five years in Degree/Junior College and having published at least two first authored research papers in peer reviewed journals in the relevant subject.
- You should be working in National Laboratories/ Institutes/ Government or Private Organizations Nominated/Sponsored/Recommended by the respective employer and have published at least two first authored research papers in peer reviewed journals.
- You should have qualified NET/SET (Maharashtra State only)/GATE/JRF/ GPAT (of valid score and period) examination conducted by the apex bodies in higher/technical/professional education such as CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ICMR/ DBT.
- You have a certified professional or industrial or managerial experience (certificate from competent authority in the relevant field (for example Director, DAVP for Media Studies) at least ten years.
- You should have passed post graduate degree examination with 50% marks and with 15 years of experience after post-graduation in related field and should be a senior citizen of age 60 years and above. This type of exceptional cases, for senior citizen only, shall be at the discretion of the Vice-Chancellor.
- If you are selected for the Inspire Fellowship of DST, New Delhi
How To Apply
You should apply online on the University website. If you wish to apply for both Entrance and Exemption, you should submit separate applications for both.
Fill up all the entries correctly in the registration form. Upload your recent passport size photograph and specimen signature.
Application Fee: You should pay the following Registration cum Examination fee, even if you are seeking exemption from the PET Examination:
- Rs.750 for SC / ST category candidates
- Rs.1000 for all other categories
Mode of Payment: You can make the payment through any of the following modes
- Online Payment through RTGS/NEFT. You should use the following details while making the payment:
- Name of the A/c holder- Finance & Account Officer, S.R.T.M. University, Nanded.
- Name of the Bank: IDBI Bank, Nanded
- IFSC Code: IBKL0000500
- A/C Number 500104000028422
- CashPayment at the Cash counter of the S.R.T.M. University, Nanded. You can pay through this only on working days and during working hours.
You should then upload the proof of your payment of fees (scanned copy of NEFT/Cash receipt).
You should finally upload the completed form. SRTMUN Ph.D. PET 2020
For Applying for the PET Examination: This completes your registration process. You do not need to send the hard copy.
For Applying for PET Exemption: You should then take the printout of the online submitted form and attach the necessary documents supporting your claim of exemption and send the hard copy to the following address within one week after submitting the online form. You should mention “APPLICATION FOR PET” on the top of the envelope containing the form.
The Deputy Registrar, P.G. Section
Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University
Vishnupuri, Nanded – 431 606
The reservation criteria will be as per the rules laid down by the Government of Maharashtra. Foreign students shall be treated at par with the open category for Ph.D. admission and they shall be admitted as per over and above the quota.
Only for students of S.R.T.M. University, Nanded
For students from Other Universities of Maharashtra State
For students from University of Other State