Here are some Multichoice Questions (MCQs) for Teaching Aptitude for UGC NET Paper 1 which is most appropriate and useful for all UGC NET Aspirants who are preparing for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Teaching Aptitude MCQs (UGC NET Paper 1)
1. A good teacher is one who can
(a) Make difficult subject matter easy for students.
(b)Teach sociology and philosophy
(c) Say that I do not know everything
(d) Keep on updating his information
2. Which of the following is an odd statement?
(a) Majority of the teachers use the lecture method
(b) Most of the classrooms are poorly
(c) Knowledge is static
(d) One way interaction prevails in class
3. Which of the following statement is right?
(a) The teacher can be assisted by computer-aided
(b) The teacher can be replaced by computer-aided
(c) Face to face teaching and on time teaching is equally
(d) On line, teaching is more
4. By which of the following groups of subjects can a teacher develop better teaching method?
(a) Sociology and philosophy
(b) Philosophy and psychology
(c) Psychology and sociology
(d) None of the above
5. The function of the school as an agent of society is
(a) to make children vocationally
(b) to make the children understand the environment
(c) to prepare a child for
(d) to teach the children to read and write
6. The term “gang” according to education represents
(a) male group only
(b) female group only
(c) social phenomena
Ans (c )
7. According to Plato the main aim of education is to
(a) develop the power of contemplation
(b) train each person invocation
(c) cultivate personality
(d ) strengthen the power of perception
8. While helping the children to make educational plans it is unfair for them to
(a) select all subjects from one particular field
(b) plan the programs ahead
(c) Choose a subject of lesser
(d) Take typing with college-preparatory
9. Education officers often speak of the tome of an institution.This concept of ‘tone’ refers to
(a) the disciplinary measures adopted by an institution for avoiding
(b) the organizational and supervising set up the
(c ) the healthy atmosphere of the institution from the sentimental point of view.
(d ) the programs and activities planned by the institution.
Ans (c )
10. In the words of Mahatma Gandhi himself, basic education is
(a) a struggle for freedom to be inculcated in children
(b) educating through crafts, throughout.
(c) training and observation by teachers
(d) Education through crafts is creative for children
11. Microteaching is useful to students of
(a) junior classes
(b) primary classes only
12. Majority of students in a large class are found There may be something wrong with
(a) the teaching process
(b) the time of instruction
(c ) the students concerned
(d ) the content
13. As one of the methods of teaching the teachers is recommended to adapt the problem method. The precaution to be observed in this method is to see that
(a) the problem starts with some life experience of the
(b) Problems are suggested by teachers at the end of the
(c) the problem starts with a school subject
(d) the problem is of the teacher and not of the
14. Knowledge of psychology is a must for an educational philosopher, because
(a) psychology acquaints the philosopher with the world of reality in his
(b) psychology principles arise out of philosophical
(c ) the questions of ‘why and ‘what’ in philosophy are purely psychological at the root.
(d ) psychology is after all a branch of philosophy.
15. Regarding the teacher’s control in the education of children, the following is the main difference between the Herbert and Dewey
(a) Dewey favors teacher control, but Herbert is against
(b) Herbert is in favor of teacher control while Dewey cannot agree with
(c) Herbert favor normal steps, but Dewey gives more importance to teacher control
(d) Both are in favor of imparting knowledge through teacher
16. If a teacher had to establish his credibility in evaluating answer sheets he must be
17. Mainstreaming is a term associated with:
(a) career education
(b) education for handicapped
(c) inter-age class groupings
(d) environmental education
18. Suggestion helps in the development of information moral behavior, aesthetic sense, and character traits. Which of the following is the chief source of suggestions which would his life?
(a) Pupil of the same age
(d) None of these
19. Of the following learning theories, the one that embodies the idea that the learning takes place through insight is known as
20. The teacher ought to know the problems prevalent in the field of The reason is that
(a) only a teacher can do something about solving
(b) he can tell about the same to another
(c) Teachers can tell the government about
(d) With this knowledge, the teacher can have information about