IIT Roorkee announced admissions for Ph.D. Admissions 2020-21 – Complete details about Application Form, Eligibility & Last Date is given below:
IIT Roorkee Ph.D. Admissions 2020-21 – Application Form, Eligibility & Last Date
Applicants for admission to the Ph.D. program shall be classified under any one of the following categories which will be decided and recommended by DRC/CRC.
Full-time Research Scholar (FTRS)
a. Institute Assistantship Research Scholars (IARS)
b. Externally Funded Research Scholar (EFRS)
c. In-service External Research Scholar (ISERS)
Part-time Research Scholar (PTRS):
a. In-Service Internal Research Scholar (P-ISIRS)
b. In-Service External Research Scholar (P-ISERS)
COMMON MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR Ph.D. ADMISSION:
An applicant belonging to the above category should possess the following minimum qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. program at the Institute.
1. Master’s degree with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% marks for the General and OBC category.
For SC / ST or PWD candidates, the minimum CGPA requirements may be relaxed to 5.50 on a 10 point scale or to 55% marks.
1. Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science Or Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through national Eligibility Tests-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b. The selection process through National Level Examinations conducted by MHRD and its Agencies and Institutes such as UGC/IIT/IISc/IISER etc.
2. For candidates other than Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Pharm degree or equivalent with a GATE / GPAT/NET score and a minimum CGPA of 7.50 on a 10 point scale or 75% marks, irrespective of the category. For graduates from CFTIs, the minimum CGPA requirement is relaxed to 7.0 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks.
3. CGPA or percentage of marks in aggregate, in case of marks, are awarded, of all years/semesters will be considered. If the CGPA is awarded on a scale other than a 10 point scale, proportionate concession to a 10 point scale will be considered.
The requirement of the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET score is not applicable to candidates in ISERS or P-ISIRS or P-ISERS category.
Bachelors or Masters from IITs with a CGPA 8.0 and above on 10 scale point scale are exempted from the requirement of GATE / GPAT / JRF /NET.
Candidates pursuing Master’s programs in Engineering or Architecture / Planning in the IIT Roorkee have CGPA 8.50 and above shall have a choice of lateral entry to the Ph.D. program after completing the first two semesters of the Master’s program.
Candidates with MBBS / BDS degree from an Indian Universities / Institution shall have a minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% in the qualifying degree, irrespective of the category. They are exempt from the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
Candidates with a Master of Surgery (MS)/ Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from an Indian University / Institute are exempt from the minimum CGPA as well as the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
Candidates with a medical degree from an overseas university/institute should have qualified for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by the National Board of Examination.
Candidates with Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) / Person of Indian Origin (PIO) status will be treated at par with Indian Nationals in the General Category.
- Application Fee per department (non-refundable): Rs. 200/- for General/ Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) / OBC category and Rs. 100/- for SC / ST / PD category candidate. The candidates can deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities.
Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank. The Fee will not be accepted through any other mode.
2. If the candidate opts for more than one department/center, then the application fee should be paid in accordance with the number of department/center
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
For details of course fee structure, please visit the following link: https://www.iitr.ac.in/dosw/Data/Corrigendum.pdf The fee will be charged each semester as per Institute rules/norms applicable from time to time. Details can be obtained through e-mail at [email protected]
INSTRUCTION FOR ONLINE APPLICATION & OTHERS
For admission to Ph.D. programs in Spring Semester of the session 2020- 21, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website www.iitr.ac.in on or before October 29, 2020
- The selection process is purely based on merit.
· Selection process shall be conducted online.
· Stipulated dates for a written test and /or interview shall be
communicated by the concerned departments/centers to the shortlisted candidates. Simultaneously, the dates shall be uploaded in the portal of each department/center.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her to being called for an interview.
3. Departments / Centres of the Institute reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number, on the basis of qualifications and/or experience.
4. Provision exists to apply in one or more departments/centers. Accordingly, a candidate can submit his/her application in one or more departments through a single online application.
5. All entries should be carefully made while applying online. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for wrong entries. Candidates shall be solely responsible for the correctness and authenticity of the information/documents provided in the online application.
6. Eligibility of candidate with regard to qualification & experience shall be calculated/considered with reference to the last date of the online application.
7. Candidates must fill/enter their CGPA or percentage of marks as issued by their institute/college/university. Candidate must not convert their CGPA into percentage and vice-versa.
8. Online application submitted by the candidates shall be considered
final and binding. Requests for making corrections in the online application shall not be entertained.
Candidates should submit a completed online application in all respect. No correspondence/communication will be entertained for incomplete
10. The last date for the submission of an online application shall not be extended. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for technical errors while making the online application/payment of fees. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance without waiting until the last date
11. Online applications will be scrutinized; relevant documents will be checked/verified for their authenticity.
12. Admission will be offered subject to availability of seats, faculty in the Specialization, and the Institute Assistantship.
13. Students shall be governed by ordinance/ regulations in vogue.
14. The Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of the candidate who is found admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
15. Disputes if any, arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever, concerning the aforesaid shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Roorkee Court.
16. The Institute reserves the right to verify the antecedents or documents submitted by the candidate at any time during their period of study. In case it is found that the documents submitted by the candidate are not genuine, then his/her admission shall be terminated, and disciplinary
/ criminal proceedings will be initiated.
17. Merely applying for / being shortlisted/appearing for the interview / written test /or subsequent processes does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered admission in IITR. No request for considering the candidature in the department, other than in which applied, will be entertained
Official Website: https://www.iitr.ac.in/admissions/pages/Phd.html
Ph.D. Notification and Information Brochure
How to Apply
Download Our App on Google Play Store for Ph.D. Entrance Exam Preparation Books