UGC NET application form 2021 has been released on February 2 by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Interested candidates can fill UGC NET application form online till March 2, 2021. The application fees can be paid till March 3, 2021. UGC NET application is Rs 1,000 for General category candidates. UGC NET 2021 Registration: Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern – Apply Now
Before proceeding with the application process, candidates are recommended to check if they meet UGC NET eligibility 2021. The UGC NET 2021 exam for Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility for Assistant Professor will be conducted on May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, and 17.
Complete Details about UGC NET 2021 Registration: Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Exam Pattern – Apply Now Online
Documents/Information to Keep Ready Before Filling UGC NET Application Form
To avoid any inconvenience at the time of UGC NET registrations, candidates are advised to keep the following documents/information ready beforehand:
- Board/university certificate
- Ration card/Passport number/Aadhaar card number/Voter ID card number/other Government ID
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate (if applicable)
- Person with Disability (PwD) certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned images of photo and signature in JPG format (file size of photo: 10 kb to 200 kb, file size of signature: 4 kb to 30 kb)
- A valid email ID and mobile number
- Permanent and correspondence address with pin code
- Four exam cities in order of preference
- Code of NET subject for which the candidate plans to take the exam (available in information brochure)
- Code of post-graduation course (available in information brochure)
UGC NET Eligibility 2021
The basic criteria that candidates must fulfil to meet UGC NET eligibility 2021 are:
- Candidates should secure at least 55 per cent aggregate marks in post-graduation
- Candidates should not be more than 31 years in age in order to be eligible for JRF
- There is no age restriction to apply for the post of Assistant Professor
- A relaxation of five per cent in educational qualification is given to reserved category candidates
- A relaxation of five years in age criteria is given to reserved category candidates
- Candidates who have cleared State Eligibility Test (SET) before June 1, 2002 are exempted from taking the UGC NET exam
Important UGC NET 2021 Dates
UGC NET 2021 exam dates have not been released yet. Check tentative UGC NET exam dates 2021 below:
|UGC NET Events||UGC NET Exam Dates||Salient Features|
|Notification||2 Feb 2021||UGC NET 2021 notification was released online by NTA.|
|Application form||2 Feb 2021||UGC NET 2021 application window was activated with the notification.|
|Application Closing||3 Mar 2021||The UGC NET 2021 application will be closed on March 3.|
|Admit card||April 2021(Tentative)||UGC NET admit card 2021 will be released on the official website of the exam as per the prescribed schedule.|
|UGC NET exam||2-17 May 2021||UGC NET 2021 Exam will be conducted from May 2 to 17 at the designated exam centres.|
|Provisional answer key||May 2021(Tentative)||Provisional UGC NET answer key 2021 will be released soon after the exam.|
|Final answer key and cutoff||June 2021(Tentative)||UGC NET final answer key and cutoff 2021 will be released on the official website as per the prescribed schedule.|
|Result||July 2021(Tentative)||UGC NET 2021 result is expected to be announced on the official website in July.|
UGC NET 2021 Notification & Application Form
The National Testing Agency (NTA) released the UGC NET notification 2021 on February 2. The UGC NET 2021 notification contains all important details about the exam such as dates, eligibility criteria, paper pattern, syllabus, result declaration criteria, etc. Candidates are advised to go through the complete UGC NET 2021 notification before applying for the exam.
NTA UGC NET application form 2021 was released along with the notification. Candidates can fill the UGC NET application form in online mode on the official website of the exam. UGC NET application fee is Rs 1,000 for General category, Rs 500 for General-EWS and OBC-NCL categories, and Rs 250 for SC/ST/PwD/Transgender.
UGC NET Registration Trends
Check out the number of candidates registered and appeared for the UGC NET exam over the past few years below:
UGC NET Selection Process
UGC NET selection process includes the following steps:
Step 1: Fill UGC NET application form
For UGC NET registrations, candidates can fill the application form in online mode on the official website of the exam.
Step 2: Download the UGC NET admit card
After successful registrations, candidates can download their UGC NET admit card by logging in to their registered accounts.
Step 3: Appear for UGC NET exam
Next, candidates need to appear for UGC NET exam. UGC NET is a computer-based test that consists of two papers – I and II. Both the papers contain objective-type questions that candidates need to complete in a duration of three hours.
Step 4: Check UGC NET result
NTA declares UGC NET result on its official website as per the prescribed schedule. The result contains the roll number and status (qualified for Assistant Professor only or both JRF and Assistant Professor) of candidates qualifying the National Eligibility Test.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
National Testing Agency issues an advisory stating some guidelines for UGC NET aspirants. All candidates are recommended to read the advisory and instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully. Candidates can also go through the instructions given below for better clarity.
What to carry on exam day?
UGC NET 2021 is a computer-based test and candidates are given a pen/pencil and blank sheets for rough work. However, candidates are still advised to carry a pen/pencil to the exam center to avoid any last-minute hassle.
What NOT to carry on exam day?
- UGC NET aspirants are not allowed to carry any instrument, metallic item or electronic gadgets/devices to the exam hall. It may be noted that there might also not be any provision for safekeeping of candidates’ valuables. Things that are strictly prohibited inside the exam hall include:
|Any kind of paper/stationery/textual material (printed or written material)||Handbag/purse|
|Geometry/pencil box||Eatables and water (loose or packed)|
|Mobile phone/ear phone/microphone/pager||Watch|
|Slide rules||Log tables|
- Diabetic students are allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets, fruit, and transparent water bottle to the exam hall. However, such candidates are not allowed to carry any packed food like chocolates, candy, and sandwiches.
Documents that candidates need to carry at the UGC NET exam center are:
- Admit card: Candidates need to carry a clear printout (preferably colored printout on A4 size paper) of the downloaded UGC NET admit card from the NTA website
- Passport size photo: Candidates need to carry one passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the application form) that is pasted on the attendance sheet at the exam centre
- ID proof: Candidates need to carry a valid and original photo ID proof such as PAN card/driving license/voter ID card/passport/Aadhaar Card (with photograph)/e-Aadhaar/Ration Card to the test centre. The official website informs, “ID cards issued by schools/colleges/universities/coaching centres, Aadhar enrollment receipt without Aadhar number and photocopies or images stored in mobile phones etc is NOT accepted.”
- PwD certificate: Candidates who wish to claim relaxation under PwD category must carry their PwD certificate issued by the competent authority
Do’s and Don’ts for UGC NET Exam 2021
Some do’s and don’ts that candidates should keep in mind for UGC NET exam are:
|Read the instructions on the admit card carefully.||Do not indulge in any unfair practice at the exam centre. All exam centres are under CCTV surveillance and equipped with jammers.|
|Visit the exam centre a day before the exam to make yourself familiar with the location and means of reaching at the venue.||Do not forget to carry NET admit card and other documents to the exam centre.|
|Reach the exam centre as per the reporting time mentioned on the admit card. Candidates reporting beyond the gate closing time of centre will not be allowed to enter exam hall.||Do not carry mobiles, watches or any other gadget to exam centre.|
|Remember to return the rough sheet and admit card to the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.||Do not carry any eatables or water inside the exam hall.|
|Enter all required details in the attendance sheet in legible handwriting and ensure that left hand thumb Impression is clear and not smudged.||–|
UGC NET Result 2020 Statistics
NTA UGC NET 2020 result was released on December 1. Last year, total 8,60,976 candidates registered for the UGC NET exam out of which 5,26,707 appeared. Total 47,157 candidates qualified the exam. Out of this, 40,986 candidates qualified the exam for Assistant Professor only and 6,171 candidates qualified the exam for JRF and Assistant Professor.